Web 2.0 Prototype for Joanne Gongoleski and Michelle Hick's Shelfari Service

Saturday, July 23, 2011

the sky's the limit...

I can't believe this time of the semester is here...and I have to be honest...I am ready for it!

Responding to Suellen's request for a final post, here are a couple of things I learned this semester.  Firstly, my knowledge of web 2.0 and social media services was not up to par when I began this semester.  Although I was not in the dark about this topic, I was not that frequent a user of these tools.  Now, I can say quite the opposite!  I have been exposed to and learned about so many cool web 2.0 tools!  One of my favorites was Twitter.  At first, I didn't quite get it.  I didn't understand why anyone would want to follow people...what did they have to say that was so good???  After editing who I was following, I found people or organizations that I found really interesting.  Besides reading what others tweeted about, I enjoyed tweeting to the class as well.  I liked that Suellen gave us the freedom to be sort of creative with how we communicated some of our thoughts regarding what we read, watched or found for this class.  Secondly, I really enjoyed creating the book review via Prezi and YouTube.  I gave myself a crash course using Prezi and was really proud of my final product.

Needless to say, although I am not a librarian right now, I am an English teacher, and I am really excited about trying some of these tools out in my classroom.  I hope to get my Shelfari page up and running so that my students can join and access the titles I am sharing with them.  I am thinking about how blogging, tweeting and wiki creation can fit into my classroom and curriculum as well.

I guess you could say the sky's the limit when it comes to web 2.0 tools!

Thanks for an enjoyable semester and learning about a fun topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment