Web 2.0 Prototype for Joanne Gongoleski and Michelle Hick's Shelfari Service

Monday, June 13, 2011

watch out gwyneth!

Watch out Gwyneth Paltow...I officially joined Twitter!  Actually, I joined right after this class began, but I was hanging low with it trying to figure out how it all worked.  I am still trying to remember and get used to the different symbols and abbreviations used when tweeting and reading tweets.  When I  joined, I started following some of the real housewives from various Bravo shows.  What a big mistake that was.  I found the tweets really stupid, for lack of a better word.  The tweets left me wondering why anyone would want to follow anything.  As a result, I stepped away for about a week, unfollowed the people that I was following, and created a new list of people who I follow.  Since then, so far, so good!  You can follow my twitter feed @jgongoleski.

Who I'm currently following:
@kathygriffin--This is comedian Kathy Griffin's twitter account.  I decided to follow her simply because I think she is funny!


@someecards--This is another humor site, which caught my eye because it said "you'll love not unfollowing us."


@photography--Photography is kind of a hobby for me, so I thought I would appreciate this site.

@foodimentary--This site claims to share all sorts of food facts that you can impress your friends with.  I love to cook and bake, so I was immediately attracted to this site.


@goodreads--All things books...and I am always up for a good book recommendation.


@pbsparents--PBSParents offers "parenting tips, articles and lots of laughs" and they said they are "serious about laughter." Being a parent of three daughters, I need some tips and laughter most of the time! 

@awfullibbooks--I decided to follow this site because of Jeremy's blog.  Props to Jeremy!  I like that it claims to feature odd books found in the library--how neat!


@librarycongress--Last but not least, Library of Congress is a must for us library school students.  I look forward to seeing the kind of information they tweet about! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, there is a lot of dreck out there, but also a lot of worthwhile things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a lot of dreck out there, but also a lot of worthwhile things!

    I think that describes the internet in general ... :)

    ReplyDelete